IMPORTANT- Parent Portal and Some Website Capabilities Disabled by Nationwide Disruption.
Get Ready for the New Year!
School Starts August 31
|Parent Portal FAQs|
1. I have registered for Parent Portal, received my login, and am ready to start using Parent Portal and view my student's information. How do I use Parent Portal?
2. I registered for the Parent Portal but have not received an email with my login account information, what should I do?
If it has been several days:
(1) Check your spam and junk mail folders for an email from PowerSchoolSMS@pwcs.edu. The PowerSchoolSMS@pwcs.edu email address is used for outbound communication only, and is not monitored on a regular basis.
(2) Call the school and verify the status of your account. They should be able to tell you if your account is pending (waiting to be processed), or has been processed.
a. If your account is pending, please be patient, the schools are working through the account processes as quickly as they can.
b. If your account has been processed, the school can look up your account and verify the email address entered during the registration process was correct. We have received hundreds of “undeliverable” responses from the various email providers. This usually indicates an invalid email address. Also some of the providers send an automated email to the PowerSchoolSMS@pwcs.edu account asking for a response in order for the account to be added to the account holders list of accepted accounts. We do not respond to these automated messages.
c. The school may not be able to process your account if the information you provided cannot be verified against the student information system. Examples include:
i. You entered your nickname or you go by your middle name, but the student information system contains your given name.
ii. You have recently changed your last name and the student information system still contains your old last name.
iii. The address information entered during the registration process does not match the information in the student information system.
iv. The school you entered for your children does not match the school they attend. If the school is not entered correctly the person processing the account is not able to verify the student/parent relationship.
v. The children’s names and/or birthdates do not match the corresponding information in the student information system.
3. How can I change my Parent Portal or School web site (SchoolFusion) password?
Passwords must be changed on the Parent Portal only. It will automatically be changed for SchoolFusion. See detailed instructions here.
PWCS advises that you change your school issued password to a password you can remember and keep secure.
4. What do I do if I forgot my password?
If you cannot remember your password, at the Parent Portal Login Screen, click on “Forgot your password?” The system will prompt you for your username and then to answer the question you configured. The system will then email a temporary password so you can access the system. If you are unsuccessful at changing your password or cannot remember your userid, you will need to contact the school and request that they print out a copy of your username and password. You will need to come to the school and present your ID to pickup the password.
5. How do I change my email address in Parent Portal or SchoolFusion (school Web site notifications)?
The email address listed in the Parent Portal will be used to send notifications from both Parent Portal (ParentCONNECTxp) and from School Web sites (School Fusion). Therefore you must change your email address in 2 places in the Parent Portal:
1) Logon to the Parent Portal and click "My Account" in the upper right corner; change your email address in one or both of the Email boxes. This changes the email address for the school Web site (SchoolFusion) notifications.
2) On the Parent Portal click "Student Info" on left side navigation; click on the "Students & Contacts" tab; edit your email address in the contact information. This changes your email address in the student information system for automated phone/email messages.
Students - How do I change my email address for Parent Portal and/or my School Web site notifications?
Logon to the Parent Portal and click "My Account" in the upper right corner; change your email address in one of the Email boxes. This changes the email address for the school Web site (SchoolFusion) notifications.
Students only have to change their email address in one section above since they are not able to change anything in the Parent Portal "Contact Information" section.
6. I received my new account email but not all my students are listed, what should I do?
Contact the school of the child that was not listed and request that the school add the child to your account. Be prepared to provide them with your account information and your students’ information so that they can validate the information against the student information system. Once the account has been created, only the individual student’s school can add them to an existing account. If you have children at more than one school that must be added to your account, you will need to contact each school.
7. I have a student starting Kindergarten and need to add them to my existing account. How do I?
Contact the school of the child that will be attending Kindergarten and request that the school add the child to your account. Be prepared to provide them with your account information and your students’ information so that they can validate the information against the student information system. Once the account has been created, only the individual student’s school can add them to an existing account. If you have children at more than one school that must be added to your account, you will need to contact each school.
8. What is the difference between the Parent Portal and the school websites (School Fusion).
The school websites contain class pages (homework), announcements, and other information that can be said to be “future” information. The Parent Portal contains attendance and grade information and is the location where parents can update contact information. This can be said to be “past” information.
9. When and where can I access the Parent Portal?
You may access the system 24 hours a day, seven days a week, after you have registered and received your password and user ID and the account has been activated. You may access the Parent Portal from any computer with Internet access. (Please be aware that the site may be down from time to time for maintenance.) To access the Parent Portal, click on the Parent Portal link on the left side of one of the school websites.
10. When and where can I access the school websites (School Fusion)?
You may access the system 24 hours a day, seven days a week, using the same username and password you currently use to access the Parent Portal. The initial sync of your username between the Parent Portal and the school websites may take 24 to 48 hours. However, password changes, once your username has been synced should then take place on both systems simultaneously.
11. I have questions or problems regarding the Parent Portal?
You should start by using the Support page located in the Parent Portal if you have questions pertaining to its use. If you are having trouble logging into the Parent Portal, or have questions pertaining to attendance, grades or assignments, contact the school.
12. What do I do if I feel that the Parent Portal student information is incorrect?
If the student information is incorrect, please contact the school. If the contacts that are associated with the student are incorrect, and you have a Parent account, you can edit the information by clicking on the Student & Contacts Tab under the Student Info link.
13. How current is the information on the Parent Portal?
Updates to assignments and student information are processed on a daily basis. However, rules for how often a teacher must update their gradebook are set at the school level. Please contact the teacher first to resolve any gradebook issues.
14. Why do I receive the message "None of the users’ students could be loaded"?
This message may display if you logged in while the system is in the middle of updating the information. Log out of the system and try again at a later time.
15. What do I do if I am “locked” out of my Parent Portal account?
As a security measure, if you have five failed attempts at inputting your username and/or password the system will lock you out for one hour. This protects you from having someone sit down and continually try to guess your password. The system will automatically reset itself within one hour. There is NO need to contact anyone about the problem.
16. Will the same username and password also allow me to log into the school’s website?
Yes. When your account is created in the Parent Portal for the first time, it can take 24 to 48 hours for the information to initially populate to the school websites. However any password changes after that time are simultaneous for both sites. The primary site is the Parent Portal, so all account changes must be made through the Parent Portal and they will update to the school websites.
17. If I have read these questions, but none of them address my issue, where can I get help?
If you have additional questions or concerns regarding any aspect of the Parent Portal, please contact the school.
Go to Parent Portal
How to change email address?
What if I forgot my password?
How do I change my password?
Download Help Guide for Using Parent Portal